Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Coupon Tip for the Week: Honesty with Printable Coupons

Recently, I have read several blog posts online where there are stores in various areas that are starting to refuse to accept internet printable coupons due to coupon fraud. This worries me a bit because I use LOTS of internet printables when I shop. I can’t even begin to imagine the changes that would come to my grocery budget if stores in our area no longer accepted internet printables.

I have mentioned this before on here and if you’ve taken one of my classes, I highly encourage honest couponing! This is VERY important! You’re not only hurting yourself by being dishonest but in the end you are hurting others as well.

Printing coupons from reliable internet sources is perfectly legal. You are usually able to print two of each coupon per computer. If you have multiple computers, you are able to print more. If you only have one computer, I would encourage you to check with your friends and exchange internet printables…your friend would print what you need, you print what your friend needs and trade. This is an easy way to get multiple coupons…you can do this with coupons from the Sunday paper as well!

The dishonest part of couponing comes in when someone photocopies a coupon. This is illegal! When you photocopy coupons, they will scan at the register. The unfortunate part is that you are robbing the store of their money--they will not get paid by the manufacturer for the coupon that was copied, therefore causing the store to lose money.

Most stores in our area accept internet printables but all it takes is a few people to make store management change their mind and ruin things for the rest of us. If you or someone you know is copying coupons, please know that it is very wrong. It not only affects you but all of the honest couponers as well.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! Please people, don't do this and ruin it for the rest of us!!!!!!!
    Jen Myers

    ReplyDelete