Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Changes...

I just wanted to do a quick post to let you all know that some changes will be happening with my site. My hope is to have most of it together over the weekend.

First off, those of you that have been reading for a while know that I have wrestled with the name of my blog. When I started the blog I had different intentions. I really had no idea what to name the blog and just kind of went with what came to mind based on what I was planning to do. I LOVE to cook and try new recipes...and I thought that I'd be sharing a lot of those on here. I thought I'd try and write short devotion type stuff once a week and share that on here too. That all never really happened...in part because I did not realize how time consuming it would all become. I thought I'd share a good deal here and there but never really thought that would become the main purpose of this blog...I never expected it to become what it has. I did not realize how many people would join in on the whole "coupon thing". God has done some amazing things and I have been so blessed by the stories that I've heard from people and how couponing has changed things for their family.

So with that being said, I have decided to change the name of my blog to be more fitting. I think that we should all be wise stewards of what God has given us and when it comes to grocery shopping...there are ways to be more wise with our money...more sensible. I have decided to call the blog Centsible Shopping. If you look up the blog address that you've always used, it will bring you here...you can also use www.centsibleshopping.com and it will bring you to the same place.

I have also created a Facebook page because I realize that a lot of people use Facebook these days and my hope is that it will make information more accessible...make more people more aware of deals, in a more timely fashion. I know there are several people that say to me "I haven't been on your blog in a few days" and get bummed because they missed out on a deal. I'm hoping that Facebook will help with that.

For those of you that like the recipes, I am putting those in a separate blog here. I have actually had it up for a couple of months. I am working on trying to post some of the "old" recipes from this blog on it. I will continue to post new stuff that we try and stuff from my recipe box, as I have time. I will also try to put a link on this blog, as a reminder, when a new recipe is posted.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask...I just wanted to let you know the plans so that if you came to the site and things looked different, you would know you were in the right place.

Hope you all have a great weekend!! :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks great Shelly!!! I continue to be amazed by where your site and your passion has taken you!! You are quite an inspiration to us all!! Thanks for all the hard work you put into all of this!!! You are truly a blessing!!! - Amy

    ReplyDelete