Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Homemade Foaming Hand Soap



I posted this about a year and a half ago and thought I'd post again...it saves us quite a bit of money!! With a family of 5, 3 of them being children and with me babysitting, we go through a lot of soap!

You will need:
*liquid handsoap
*an empty foaming soap bottle
(I think Bath & Body Works containers work best...but have also found that Dial containers work well, most of the time)
*water

In your foaming soap container, pour in about 1" of liquid soap. Slowly add warm water to fill the container. Gently rock the container back & forth so that the soap and water will mix well.

And there you have it...Homemade Foaming Hand Soap!


Does anyone else do this?


*I've seen this idea several places but originally found it on The Frugal Girls site.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I do,Shelly. I actually sell foaming hand soap as part of my product line of bath and body care products and people can make their own from my shower gel. However, it is not as fragrant or colorful as the product I make/sell as foaming hand soap, but still does the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea. I used to do this too. My bottle became clogged though. I think it is time to invest in a new one. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely!!! Thanks to you!! This has saved us a TON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Shannon, the pumps do get clogged sometimes and need to be replaced, but there are some I have used for 4+ years, so it is hard to say.

    ReplyDelete