Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Salsa Recipe

Tim LOVES Chili's salsa! I was online and found this recipe for a mock version of their salsa so I thought I'd give it a try and see how close it was. I didn't follow it exactly (that's no surprise if you know me) but it was YUMMY! Tim said he didn't think it was Chili's but still really liked it. Definitely a keeper! It was pretty HOT so next time I think I'll cut back on the jalapenos. Here is what I did...

2- 10 oz. cans Ro-Tel
1- 26 oz. can whole tomatoes (w/most of juice, but not all)
6 t. canned, diced jalapenos
1/2 c. red onion, diced
1 1/2 t. garlic salt
1 1/2 t. cumin
1 t. sugar
2-3 stems of cilantro
juice from 1 lime

Place everything in the blender and blend well…do not puree!

Chill & serve with tortilla chips.

ENJOY!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment