Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Recipe

I feel like I am really bad about posting recipes on here...truth is, I feel like I've hardly cooked much of anything this summer. And if I have, it's been nothing worth mentioning. Once school starts and we're in more of a routine, I'll probably have more to post because I'll be organized and will be cooking and trying new stuff more regularly. I'm a slacker in the summer when it comes to planning out my meals...I just end up making what I can from what I have in the fridge, freezer and/or cabinets.

I think I've shared before that I planted a garden and one of the things that I plant is zucchini. I like eating fresh zucchini with a bit of ranch dip or cut up in my salads but I also tend to use it in baking as well. I shared my Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if it was Tim's mom or his sister who gave me the recipe for Zucchini Brownies but this is another one that I make quite a bit in the summer and my kids enjoy them.

Zucchini Brownies
2 c. flour
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/4 c. cocoa

Combine these ingredients in a large bowl.

Then add:
1 c. oil
2 t. vanilla
2 c. grated zucchini

Stir until mixed together well. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

*I've been trying to figure out ways to make these better for you...I know next time I'm definitely trying applesauce instead of oil but also want to either cut back on the sugar or use Splenda in it's place (or maybe a combo of both??). I could probably also try a whole wheat flour...I've never bought that before. I'm willing to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment